Thursday, July 20, 2017

Fat for Fuel.....

Today's post:  Thursday, 7-20-2017

* Fat for Fuel: A Revolutionary Diet to Combat Cancer, Boost Brain Power, and Increase Your Energy  -- is a new book by Dr. Joseph Mercola which came out on May 16, 2017.

It’s available on Amazon: 


I just ordered my copy earlier today.

I did that for three reasons:

1.  As I posted on my Monthly Fatloss Report last Monday, in my quest to gain muscle and lose fat, I seem to finally have found what works for me to add muscle.  And I seem to be doing so while gaining no fat.  This is very good because it’s more typical when eating enough protein and extra carbohydrates compared to a very low carb diet to add as many pounds of fat as you add pounds of muscle.

After a few more weeks or months of doing this, given that what I eat is the same from week to week, I may have gained enough muscle to also force some fatloss.

But after that time if I still have most of my excess fat, about 16 pounds, I want to renew my efforts to lose fat directly.

Because Dr Mercola explains how to test for the ketosis that causes fat loss to manage the process successfully in this book, I think I can be more effective in my fasting and low carb eating than I was last time I tried it a few months ago. 

It also helps that the comments of readers of this book show people who have lost fat quickly and right away while following his methods.  And, people who lose fat quickly in their first few weeks research has found are more likely to succeed in losing a meaningful amount of fat and keeping it off.

2.  To the extent his book has the information that eating in a way that puts you into ketosis DOES boost the function of your mitochondria, THAT is new information to me and I think most people.

a) It means some of the fat loss from eating in a way that keeps you in ketosis is from boosting your metabolism!

 It means that eating in a way that keeps you in ketosis sharply slows aging. 

And, it can increase your energy and feeling of energy.  That may enable you to think better and be more productive too!

It even might help you get stronger while you are losing fat by eating enough protein but not fasting while being in ketosis.

3.  We already know that having some periods of time where you continue eating only health supporting foods but enough more of the higher carbohydrate ones, make following a ketogenic diet easier for most people to do the rest of the time. 

People who do strength training well also find such breaks help add extra muscle during them.

The overall reputation for the better done low carb diets has been that they DO effectively cause fat loss but few if any people can stay on them long term.

Clearly good tasting recipes for low carb foods can help.  Achieving the fat loss you want can help.  And, now with Dr Mercola’s book, it looks like knowing the very desirable health benefits can help.

But I hope to be able to add to that how to use these breaks without gaining back all the fat you lost.  So, I’m quite keen to see if the information in Dr Mercola’s book can help me do this.

(My experience with fasting but not eating low carb after it, was that I lost on the scale and maybe some fat but that I gained it all back.)

Dr Mercola’s book may help give me the combination of the easier to stay on ketogenic eating and breaks that don’t bring all the fat back will enable people to stay on a program that KEEPS THE FAT OFF once you lose it. 


THAT I’m personally looking forward to!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was more than happy to find this website. I need to to thank you for your time for this wonderful read!!

I definitely loved every part of it and i also have you bookmarked to
check out new information in your web site.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so cool! I don't believe I have read anything like that before.
So great to discover somebody with some unique thoughts on this
subject. Really.. many thanks for starting this up.
This web site is something that is required on the internet, someone with some
originality!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home