Monday, September 18, 2017

My Monthly Fatloss Report September 2017.....

Today's post:  Monday, 9-18-2017

A.  Here's the key news:

1.  Fat Loss Report, measured on Saturday, 9-16-2017

Gained 1.9 pounds from 167.1 last month to 169.0.

(Lost 0.9 pounds from 169.9 two months ago.)

My chest measured the same, 38 and a half.  This is still an inch bigger than 4 months ago when I was 37 & a half inches.

No change on my waist to a quarter of an inch increase at about 41 & a half to 42 and a quarter.

My hips measured the same, 38 and a half.   That’s still an inch and half more than 37 not long ago.

(My upgraded strength training seems to have added muscle; but I’ve not lost the fat off my waist, I’d hoped to lose.)

The first three weeks I only gained a bit and was on a short vacation for part of it.

 I ate well for 3 weeks but was able to NOT gain much since I exercised well & still focused on protein foods, health OK fats & oils, and organic vegetables and fruit.  (I gained a pound the first week & nothing the second two.  They were exactly the same weight!)

The last week, was the surprise.  I cut back on carbs & expected a loss of a pound or two as I did lose 2.6 pounds by eating that way a few weeks back.  Instead I gained about a pound.

I WAS under extra stress AND stressed by our hot bedroom and slept less well.  And, I got slightly less exercise due to the heat.  Between the stress and a bit less exercise and possibly adding some calories even if protein, I added weight instead of removing it.

This week is cooler.  So my hope is that I’ll lose a bit on my low carb plan by next Saturday.

2.  My chest and hips were still bigger and more muscular than they were four months -- -- and measured the same as last month.

I may not yet be eating quite enough protein each week.  But although I am still getting stronger and added to the pushups I can do, my intense 
concentration on my muscular effort was a bit less due to stress than it was three months before.  

Also, I'm at the point I need to get a heavier dumbbell and add a session once week at a gym with access to more weight

My waist was about the same – way too big! 

But my better strength training did keep most of my gains to my chest measure AND my hip measurement.

Since I also got stronger and my muscles look bigger and my wife says they are harder, it’s clear my new strength training technique is adding muscle!

Mike Matthews says that it’s typical to add 5 pounds of fat when you eat enough protein & carbs and strength train well enough to add 5 pounds of muscle.

(Just one example:  Not long ago I was pleased if I could do 40 to 44 pushups the one day a week I test that each week each Monday.  

Today, I did 77 up from 68 last month & 59 two months ago -- and after catching my breath a bit I did 12 more for a total of 89 in about 60 seconds.  That’s up from 80 last month.

The extra effort to exert extra strong tension in the muscles doing the work on the last few repetitions and between each set was a bit less this last month
due to stress and needing a heavier weight.  But I have kept doing it on each set.  

And, by doing so and keeping up my protein intake I seem to have kept the muscle I gained or most of it.

This last month I also continued the 20 mg of Synephrine and a bioflavonoid supplement with 100 mg of rutin three times a day which is thought to boost metabolism.

That plus my slightly bigger and more exercised muscles likely did boost my metabolism over the last few weeks.

So, if the inches I gained where I exercised my muscles better are muscle, my weight gain was maybe close to all muscle.

If so, very little or none of my gain in pounds was fat. 

Maybe the 20 mg of Synephrine and a bioflavonoid supplement with 100 mg of rutin three times a day boosted my metabolism enough to prevent the typical fat gain to almost zero.

(After last week, I decided to cut back to once a day.  During the last week, it seemed less effective.)

 3.  My food intake was very close to the same as last month for the first three weeks -- and was supposed to be less last week.  Either it wasn’t as much less as last month or the heat and less exercise and more stress last week caused less calorie burning.

My cardio exercises were about the same too.

4. My stress level jumped quite a bit the last few weeks for several reasons.  

*For me, as for many people, having enough money for at least a minimum OK lifestyle with zero chances of severe money problems reduces stress.  I was under that threat far more the three weeks just before I measured for this month.

*For me, even more than other people who also have it but at a lower level, having an ally who is unusually supportive and of some help sharply lowers my stress level.

5.  I'm currently making an extra effort to overcome this recent stress. Emulating the Seal way of using my training and keeping on no matter what IS helping.  

6.  I believe my continued persistence and continuing to both follow up on successful efforts and finding new and promising things to check on AND doing so, 
WILL enable me to lose my excess fat remaining and keep it off.

7.  I’m continuing to find new ways to boost my metabolism and add bone and muscle that I’m beginning to use.

I’m less sure how effective my new supplements are in helping me lose fat as I gain muscle – so I am cutting from three times a day to once.

But as my new strength training method helps me get stronger; I get better at it; and I can get to the heavier weights to use it on, it DOES begin to look like I’m adding enough muscle that by eating about the same – or eating about the same and continuing to get better at the lower carb effort I did this time and while using the new supplements a few times, I’ll finally get back to weighing 161 pounds with far less fat than I have had.

Conclusion:

 I’ll achieve the financial leverage I need.

I’ll get the active allies I need.

 AND I’ll begin to use all of the metabolism boosters I’ve found to add to the ones I’ve been using.


(That includes adding a weekly workout at a gym with heavy barbells and adding these new techniques and trying the BulletProof Vibe.

I HAVE added a special set of exercises once a week that I'm already doing standing in the space the BulletProof Vibe allows.  That way, I'll be ready to go when I get one to try!


The last bit of good news this month is that I’m getting stronger in the two key exercises in this special set of exercises.)     

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to my father who stated to me on the topic of this web site,
this website is genuinely amazing.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on working, great job!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankfulness to my father who informed me about this blog, this blog is truly amazing.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its good as your other blog posts :D, appreciate it for
posting.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, it's my first go to see at this web page, and post
is really fruitful for me, keep up posting these types of articles.

7:57 AM  
Blogger David said...

Stress or lack of an exact scale to weigh what I eat caused another 2 pound gain on the scale in the week since I measured for my monthly fatloss report. When I first ate this carb reduced way for a week I LOST about two pounds. So those two things show that I weigh four pounds more than I expected to.

I'm working on the stress that is one of the causes of this. And, as soon as I can, I'll get a food scale also to ensure I also reduce calories instead of adding them. (See my post for Thursday, 9-21 with 3 programs that work based on this kind of exact measuring of calories by measuring exactly how much food is eaten.)

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I website possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling excellent ,
appreciate it for your hard work. You should keep it up forever!
Good Luck.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not resist commenting. Well written!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the so much significant information for
me. And i'm satisfied reading your article. But should remark on some normal
issues, The website style is perfect, the articles is really
nice :D. Excellent process, cheers.

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much regarding giving me an update on this subject matter on your website.
Please understand that if a completely new post becomes available or if perhaps any alterations occur to the current article, I would want to consider
reading more and finding out how to make good utilization of those strategies
you share. Thanks for your efforts and consideration of other folks by making your blog available.

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.This article was really interesting, particularly because I was looking for thoughts on this topic last
Sunday.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn?t refrain from commenting. Very well written!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd always want to be update on new content on this site, saved to my bookmarks!

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I
have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for this post, I am a big big fan of this site
would like to go on updated.

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does your site have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but,
I'd like to shoot you an e-mail. I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

3:41 AM  
Blogger David said...

To email me your suggestions about this blog or to ask about topics you'd like covered or revisited, email me at davideller7@yahoo.com .

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful website. Plenty of helpful info here.
I am sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious.

And certainly, thanks on your effort!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You completed a number of good points there. I did a search on the topic and found mainly people
will consent with your blog.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very clear website, appreciate it for this post.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This excellent website definitely has all the information and
facts I needed about this subject and didn't know who to ask.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings I am so grateful I found your blog page, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Google for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a tremendous post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design),
I don't have time to go through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and
also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep
up the awesome work.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to my father who stated to me regarding this web
site, this blog is actually awesome.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real clear website, appreciate it for this post.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have brought up a very good points, thanks for
the post.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are actually a just right webmaster. The website loading velocity is amazing.
It kind of feels that you are doing any unique trick.
Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you've done a excellent task on this subject!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home