Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Prevent cancer with raw broccoli -- NOT cooked....

Today's post: Tuesday, 12-11-2007

Recently, I read a very important online news article that once again showed data that made it clear that eating broccoli & cauliflower and the other cruciferous vegetables DOES prevent cancer.

And, when you add to that the other information that eating broccoli or cauliflower even as little as once a week cuts the chances of developing the most dangerous form of prostate cancer about in half, you realize that these foods are unusually valuable in preventing the kinds of cancer you want very much to avoid.

(This effect is so strong, I suspect that it will be found to provide similar protection against breast, ovarian, & other forms of cancer.)

BUT, the news article went on to say that their findings of protection were ONLY true for RAW broccoli & cauliflower. The cooked versions did NOT show as preventing cancer.

So, since I’ve been eating cooked, frozen broccoli almost every day with my dinner, partly as a way to lose excess fat, WHICH IT DID DO SUCCESSFULLY, I had thought I was also getting broccoli’s famous cancer prevention.

This research suggests I have not been getting much cancer prevention, if any.

So, I have now started to add some raw broccoli & cauliflower florets to my cooked broccoli, since I very much want the cancer protection.

Since this is NOT widely known as far as I know, I thought it important to let you know about it right away.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home