Monday, November 26, 2007

Stand up occasionally at work to lose fat….

Today's post: Monday, 11-26-2007


Most of us today do a lot of work sitting down. We talk on the phone at our desks. We do work or gather information on our computer at our desk. We sit at meetings.

Even if we get decent exercise most days otherwise, most of us are fatter than we’d like to be because of this.

One of the health related emails I get recently had information that simply standing up occasionally at your desk each morning & each afternoon everyday you are at work or using your computer at home, can actually add to the amount of exercise & activity you get each week.

Even if this is as little as 10 calories total each day, over a year that could easily make you a pound less fat at the end of that year.

The concept that particularly appealed to me is that by standing when you are waiting to leave a voicemail or for software to load or when talking to someone you want to speak with energetically, you will still be effective.

You will also be getting more exercise with positive health benefits BUT DO IT WITHOUT any ADDED TIME TAKEN from your busy schedule.

It may take some getting used to. But I did it enough this morning to make a difference. My plan is to just keep doing it as I remember until I get in the habit of it.

I think of this as the exercise program that literally needs no added time from my schedule to do.

Of course, I still plan to do my scheduled exercises too. But when I thought about it I really liked the idea I can improve my circulation & health plus lose a bit of excess fat with no extra time needed at all.



Personal note:

I’ve done at least one post each week since I began this blog. Next week I’ll not be able to do that.

But check on Friday, 12-14 because by then I will have another post or two for you.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home