Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Ways to make quitting smoking work better….Today's post:  Tuesday, 10-10-2017 

Bulletproof promotes a low carb plus good fat way of eating with some calorie restriction or intermittent fasting to help people stay healthy and lose and keep off any excess fat.

Some people like their style better than I do for personal use after I’ve tried some of it.

But they do have some useful strategies and often provide worthwhile health information in their own blog posts.

My strategic method post about a very effective way to quit smoking was: 

Quit smoking for sure with no fat gain.....Thursday, 7-13-2017

I read this Bulletproof blog post below and added my comments.  That’s today’s post:

https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-quit-smoking-without-medication/?utm_source=bulletproofexec&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter100817&utm_content=weekly_roundup

"...smoking cigarettes serves up your nicotine with a side of toxic heavy metals and carcinogens. 

Isolated nicotine has its problems, even if you get it from a pure source. First off, it’s toxic at high doses, and lethal even at lower doses for a pet or a child. 

It messes with your heart rate, blood pressure,[7] and it causes inflammation.[8] 

[Inflammation helps cause cancers and Alzheimer’s disease and heart disease.  So that’s significant. 

Sudden boosts of heart rate or poor heart rhythm plus boosts in blood pressure are the likely causes of nicotine triggering heart attacks in people who would have escaped them otherwise.]

And it’s addictive. As with all addictive drugs and foods (like sugar), nicotine activates the pleasure pathways in your brain. The more you turn on the lights in your pleasure pathway, the less pleasure you feel with the same dose. 

So, you need stronger and stronger stimulation to get any enjoyment out of it, and after a while, you’re so acclimated that you need whatever it is you’re dependent on to function at a baseline level.

[This is Alan Carr's key insight.  After you use nicotine to get to a baseline level when the effect wears off, if you do use nicotine, you are at the same level that a nonsmoker starts with!  

That means that nicotine gives you zero help with stress and the like not available to non-smokers.  If you want effective help with stress or depression, skip the nicotine which is useless for the purpose! -- and get effective help with stress or depression instead!]

[Quitting works best when you engage your thinking & planning brain and are able to NOT use your "Labrador" short term pleasure fixes brain.]

Sauna

Withdrawal is a detox reaction, and anything you can do to get the yuck out will help things along. A few sauna treatments while you’re withdrawing will help increase circulation and eliminate waste through your skin.

[So will exercising hard enough to sweat for a few minutes several times a week.

AND, taking or eating omega 3 oils turns the extra irritability down or off!]

Glutathione

When you’re detoxing anything at all, you want to get poisonous residues out of your body quickly.

Your liver makes glutathione, your body’s master antioxidant. [Glutathione helps the liver detox faster & better in short.]

You can support your glutathione production by making sure your liver has the precursors it needs to make its own, and the building blocks are all in whey protein. Two to four tablespoons per day are all you need.

[Taking NAC and alpha lipoic acid also boosts glutathione.

And, whey protein is the best kind for building and keeping muscle.

So these points are both interesting and useful.

It’s good to know that nicotine itself is harmful and that stopping it is both worthwhile to protect your health and to help ensure you stop smoking cigarettes.


Then too it’s worthwhile to know that these methods of detoxing help you get rid of the side effects of nicotine withdrawal by removing it from your body faster.]

Labels: , ,

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loving the info on this website, you have done outstanding job on the posts.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. excellent job. I did not imagine this. This is a splendid story.
Thanks!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saved as a favorite, I love your website!

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I web-site possessor I believe the content material here is
rattling excellent , appreciate it for your hard work.
You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am continuously browsing online for articles that can aid me.
Thank you!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We still cannot quite believe I could often be one of those studying
the important recommendations found on your web site. My family and I
are seriously thankful on your generosity and for presenting me the chance
to pursue our chosen profession path. Thanks for the important information I acquired from your web
page.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah bookmaking this wasn't a speculative determination great post!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there! I simply want to offer you a big thumbs up for the excellent
info you've got right here on this post.
I am coming back to your web site for more soon.

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a
great author. I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will
often come back later in life. I want to encourage you continue your great posts, have a nice weekend!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you once again for your amazing web
page you have produced here. It can be full of ideas for those who are
seriously interested in this particular subject,
in particular this very post. You really are all
so sweet in addition to thoughtful of others as well as reading
your website posts is a great delight in my experience. And exactly what a generous present!
Ben and I will certainly have excitement making use
of your points in what we must do in a few weeks.
Our listing is a distance long and simply put tips is going to be put to excellent use.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking at some of your posts on this internet site and
I conceive this web site is real informative!

Keep on posting.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. I was checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed!
Extremely helpful information specially the remaining part :) I handle such information much.
I was seeking this particular info for a very long time.
Thank you and good luck.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your site by way of Google at the same time as searching for a related matter, your site came up,
it seems to be good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah, that's what I was exploring for, what a material!
existing here at this webpage, thanks admin of this
web page.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made various nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found a good number of folks will agree with your blog.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am genuinely grateful to the owner of this web page who has shared this fantastic
post at at this time.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was looking for!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's difficult to find well-informed people for this subject,
however, you seem like you know what you're talking about! Thanks

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.This article was really fascinating, particularly since I was investigating for thoughts on this
issue last Thursday.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good article. I'm facing a few of these issues as well..

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was looking
for!

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touche. Great arguments. Keep up the good work.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still learning from you, as I'm improving myself.
I certainly liked reading all that is written on your site.Keep
the posts coming. I loved it!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that's at
the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best doc.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this.
Very interesting info.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home