Monday, September 19, 2016

My Monthly Fatloss Report....

Today's post:  Monday, 9-19-2016

A.  Here's the key news.  Better!

1.  I LOST about one pound from 164 to 163.

My chest and waist were about the same as last month -- though I might have gained about a quarter inch on my waist.

I lost half an inch off my hips.

I gained 3 pounds on my week where I eat more to try to add a pound of muscle.

I was still under stress this past month but less than the month before.  Two of the worst ones have let up.  I made progress on fighting the cause of one; I made progress on turning off another; and I let go my upset at a harsh loss -- and have successfully started recovery mode.

So to net out a pound of fat loss for the whole month is very nice indeed. 

The new intermittent fasting plan worked!

Last month I wrote this:

“Clearly I need to add more muscle and change what I eat to supply less calories those two weeks in order to make progress.”

The reason I’m encouraged this month is that:

a) I’m continuing to add more reps on my key exercises; I DO show muscle growth in my biceps for which I have the heaviest weight; and my muscles are beginning to be hard and will look decent once I remove the remaining excess fat.

This clearly means that once I start going to the gym three or four weeks a month, my other muscles besides my biceps will grow a bit too; and once those include my biggest and heaviest muscles and they grow, I’ll burn more fat 24 hours a day, seven days a week!

b)  The best news is that my plan to cut my calories on my two cut down weeks using intermittent fasting plus a bit of the specialty MCT oil, Brain Octane, worked so well those two weeks helped me lose four pounds!  The energy boost was not enough to notice more energy. 

But the calorie reduction on my partial fasting days caused zero drop in my energy level which it might well have done without the Brain Octane.  And, I was NOT that much hungrier either!

c) Lastly, just last week, I added two things.  One may help me lose about half a pound more a month.  And one may help me lose about half a pound more a month AND a quarter or half an inch a month from my waist.

*My four week plan has been to have a moderate loss week followed by a moderate gain week, then a big calorie cut back week, then and ending with my big gain week. 

I’ve now subtracted some dried fruit and dark molasses from each of the three weeks except the big gain week.  That’s enough fructose and sugar to cut a half a pound at least once and keep it off.  It might wind up cutting more than a half pound permanently.  But once or twice is likely. AND because I’m so close to my goal weight, that will help me get back to it at least.

**I have been using a recumbent bicycle at my desk; but only for about 30 minutes a day. Just last week, I read that the more unbroken sitting time you do, the more fat and belly fat you will tend to gain.

One of the articles on exercise in Medscape’s Tues, 9-13 email had this:

""Medically, sitting too long shuts off the enzyme lipoprotein lipase.
In people who are sedentary, the enzyme doesn't break down fat to create energy, like it should."
"sitting too long shuts off the enzyme lipoprotein lipase."

As I remember, it also said this was most the case for abdominal fat!

(This is supported by the fact that the man who got me the recumbent bike had been running it for several hours a day while losing several inches off his waist!)

THAT got my attention!  This might mean that going from 30 to 40 or 50 minutes a day to 60 to 90 minutes a day running the recumbent bike not only would burn something like 1,000 more calories a week, it would restart some lipase too.  THAT might mean losing a half pound more of fat each of my two cut down weeks each month.  AND it might cut a quarter or half inch off my waist each month.

So, last week from when I read that to Friday afternoon, I averaged more than a half an hour more each day running my recumbent bike than I had been!

I’ll be doing an hour or more running the recumbent bike at my desk today and each day this week!

Conclusion: 

This suggests that between the intermittent fasting beginning to work; the slight extra calorie cut back of sugary foods; and the boost in running my recumbent bike, I may be able to lose a pound a month for a bit or a half pound a month each month for a while of consecutive months of fat loss.

I’ve not been able to do that since I lost my initial fat.  So, if it happens this time, it will be really good news!

The other thing is that I am now doing the things that will enable me to go to the gym three of four times a week soon

And, I will jump the weight I’m using on my curl by 5 more pounds this week!


The other topics such as getting an accurate digital scale and blood pressure issues, I’ll revisit later.  

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home