Monday, October 22, 2018


My monthly fatloss report October 2018....Today's post: 
Monday, 10-22-2018

Here's the key news:

Short term results are finally better!

But, it looks like my desired long term gains will take a lot more work still.

Fat Loss Report as measured on Saturday, 10-20-2018

I lost 1.9 pounds since last month to 170.4 from 172.3 pounds.

My goal weight is 161 pounds so I went from 11.3 pounds over to 9.4 pounds over.  This is finally a bit better!

I. Since last month, I lost 1.9 or about 2 pounds.

Cutting out all the few added sugars in my diet and cutting my wine intake in half and eating the same otherwise worked at least that much.

Chest was about 39 and a half -- about a quarter inch less.

Waist was about 43-- about the same

Hips were 39-- about the same

II. Was pleased to be able to do without wine on the days I set to do that. 

No longer using molasses or the bit of dark chocolate was easier. They weren’t that good tasting and were messy & time consuming to eat. 

Not buying any more organic raisins removed them; but I liked them enough to be sorry to see them go!  Logistically, it was easy. I stopped buying them and my wife ate the few left in the container.

Eating only at meal times was a small adjustment but has been quite doable.

III. According to an article I once read, the wine I was drinking each week was supporting 12 pounds of fat.  So removing half that may eventually take off half of 12 pounds or six pounds. 

Since I’ve lost 2 pounds, that suggests that staying with the wine cut back may eventually cause another 4 pounds of fat loss and on the scale.

That has not been my experience with other things I've tried.  But this more long term change may be different.

IV. Then too, I have been drinking bottled water from plastic containers for both chilled water & for making coffee & tea.

The BPA in that water may have been locking down my fat.  So a few days ago I finally got the FIXT system & began using it Saturday, 10-20.

That may remove a block to fatloss from other things and increase the fatloss from my belly when I lose more fat from other things.  It may also improve my health protection of my heart and liver and brain.  So, I’m pleased I got it done!

V.  The VIBE turned out to have an extra 20 minute set up and put away time and take extra time to do the exercises on it as well -- to the point it was taking an extra hour on Saturday and one on Sunday to use it. 

We had some extra time pressure on our weekends recently that prevented its use and I have decided to simply discontinue it for now. When logistics improvements and more space in our home free up the hour and remove the excess set up time, I do hope to resume using it.

VI. My strength training has been progressing without using the VIBE and I may have found a first solution to my left calf and foot weakness.  If it works, it takes 6 to 10 weeks and I've only been using it a bit over one week.  By my report in December or January I may have good news.

VII. This morning I did 180 pushups and 55 more after a brief rest for a total of 235.

This is a bit less than I did a month ago at: 194 and 47 more after a brief rest for a total of 241.

But I did 205 + 54 = 259 last Monday.

(When I can do about 205 + 45 I'll stop at 205 even when that gets a bit easy; but I'll begin to do the 45 more with extra tensing and slower. That way I'll likely not become less fit; but I'll cause more muscle growth.

That apparently will take a bit more work!  I ran out of gas this morning far too easily for that to happen soon. I may need to go to the gym to get stronger with heavier weights to achieve that, for example.)

My waist measurement simply is the same as it was last month at about 43 inches. I want it to be 34 instead of 43! I’d hoped to lose a bit on my waist with the weight loss I did have!

My hips measured about 39.   This is the same as last time.

VIII. Fixes likely to work that I cannot yet put in place:

Clearly I need to cut back someplace on calories and sugars IN the foods I’ve been eating and reduce their volume a bit and get back to the gym to do heavier weight exercises with barbells and the leg press machine. 

Eating grass fed beef and lamb or Greek yogurt from grass fed cows instead of grass fed yogurt with lactose and which takes up more room in my stomach would help for my breakfast and some breakfasts and dinners.

During my cut down week one week out of four, it might help to have my whey with water and Bullet Proof collagen protein instead of milk.  This would provide less support for building muscle that week.  But it might help my fat loss and to shrink my waist.

AND I need a logistics upgrade to free up the time to go to the gym --
AND to sleep about an hour a day more.
(Sleeping more is known to cut belly fat and to increase muscle and bone building if you exercise which cuts overall fat!)

I recently discovered that a very successful bodybuilder, Ben Pakulski, takes 3 grams a day of a Lion’s mane supplement.  I learned from him that part of increasing strength is increasing the motor nerve control of your muscular contractions while doing exercises.  And working that hard in your workouts tends to de-energize you mentally. 
It seems that research backs up that when taking Lion’s mane you become less depressed and you act less depressed and your blood results back this up.  Unlike the BDNF from exercise you generate more of that can build lasting nerve improvements, research shows that while Lion’s mane works, the nerves it regrows fade when and if you stop taking it.  The better news is that the increased muscle size and strength may remain!

Each of these changes would help; but they each take more money or space where I live or both than I currently have available. 

So, once again, to lose more fat, in my case, I need to increase my income.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home