Tuesday, February 21, 2017

My Monthly Fatloss Report.....

Today's post:  Monday, 2-20-2017

A.  Here's the key news:

1.  Since last month I gained 7 pounds exactly

I gained a half inch on my chest; I lost a quarter inch off my waist; & I gained a half inch on my hips.

Since I was sick but had a fever and a LOT of nose blowing and coughing up junk so much each day I may have lost fat to be at 157.4 last month.  (The fever, the nose blowing so often, and the coughing up vigorously to clear the gunk out of my chest both likely burned extra calories.)

And, since I had to cut way back on strength training and vigorous cardio too, I also may have lost muscle to be at 157.4 last month.

Whichever one it was -- or if it was both last time, this time it was good news indeed to gain on the scale and lose a bit on my waist measurement!!

2.  I was able to lose weight and lose inches not once but twice with a 5 day fast.  But both times the weight and inches came back when I began my normal eating again.

In my case, there were three likely reasons for this:

*Stress

*Lack of muscle mass

*A few too little calories burned per week from my current set of exercises.

*Stress.  I have that triple because without having a reliable increased income, I owe more money than is wise and don’t yet have a way to turn off that threat.  Second, I have some help but not yet enough to relieve this stress.  Third, my body tends to over-react to threat and not recover after it’s been stopped. (This over-reaction does get better when I have enough money to relieve the financial threat.  It does get better when I have help.  So the first step is to do the first two things.  Once I have those, there are some ways now that I can use to turn off this third problem for future temporary stress.)

Long ago I found a study on Medical News Today that found that stress tends to lock down fat and resist its removal.  Fasting may remove the lock but only if the stress is gone.  This may mean in my case that when I fast, it removes less fat.

I just found out that stress ALSO tends to add as much as 11 pounds a year by reducing the calories you burn if you are always under stress.
Stress directly reduces the calories y 213ou burn even if you avoid comfort foods!!

Somehow I saw this from a study written up by Women's Health initially:

"....new research sheds some light on how exactly anxiety may lead to weight gain: Women burn fewer calories in the 24 hours following stressful events, according to a new study from the journal Biological Psychiatry.  

For the study, researchers from Ohio State University interviewed 58 healthy women about the stressors they'd experienced in the previous 24 hours, then served them a high-fat meal that included eggs, turkey sausage, biscuits, and gravy (the meal came to 930 calories and 60 grams of fat). 

Afterward, researchers tested the women's metabolic responses -- how quickly they burned calories and fat -- for the next seven hours.

Although all of the women simply rested after eating, those who struggled with stressors the previous day expended significantly less metabolic energy than those who reported no stress; on average, they burned 104 fewer calories. 

At this rate, they could gain 11 extra pounds per year without changing any other diet and exercise habits.

Why? In addition to slower post-meal energy expenditure, women who reported more stressors also experienced lower fat oxidation and higher insulin production. The less fat your body oxidizes, the more fat you store and the higher your risk is for obesity; high insulin levels also enhance fat storage."

This suggests that, in my case, fasting may remove fat but will do so only if I turn down my stress levels.  And, it may do so better than now once I can add a way to turn off temporary stress faster once it’s gone.

*Lack of muscle mass.  When I was doing heavy weight lifting with barbells once a week at the gym AND running a total of 7 fast miles in four parts, I weighed 161 pounds – 3.4 pounds LESS than now; and my waist was about 5 inches smaller.

Once I get back to a gym with the heavy barbells even once a week I will have enough calories burned by regaining at least some of the muscle I had then that I believe I’ll regain less of any weight and fat I remove when fasting.

*It’s likely that adding that hour a week of heavy strength training will increase my calories burned by 400 calories a week.  By training hard during that hour my body may burn as much as another 200 calories a week to power the recovery of my muscles from the work.

Conclusion:

For now, focusing on adding the income and the team of people to help create it will be my focus because it will reduce my excess stress and enable me to resume working out in the gym.


So, these reports will be focused on a summary of that and my work to add muscle until it looks likely that fasting will remove fat for me that stays off afterwards.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merely wanna tell that this is invaluable, Thanks for taking your time
to write this.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found
something which helped me. Thanks a lot!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rattling clean internet site, appreciate it for this post.

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Admiring the persistence you put into your blog and in depth information you
offer. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the
same outdated rehashed material. Wonderful read!
I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after
checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and
checking back frequently!

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woh I like your posts, saved to fav!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, I read few articles on this
site and I think that your weblog is really interesting and
holds circles of superb info.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there, I found your blog by way of Google while looking
for a related matter, your web site got here up, it seems to be good.

I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got what you mean,bookmarked, very decent site.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading some of your content on this website and I think this internet site is rattling informative!
Keep posting.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy your writing style truly loving this website.

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great delivery. Great arguments. Keep up the amazing effort.

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really value your work, Great post.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I simply want to offer you a huge thumbs up for your great info you have got right here
on this post. I will be returning to your site for more soon.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe this web site contains some very great
info for everyone :D.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home