Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Surprising news on preventing Alzheimer’s disease….

Today's Post:  Tuesday, 11-5-2013

Really surprising news showed up in my email this week and last week.

We’ve often posted on the many ways that good circulation (from exercise and completely stopping foods and drinks that are heart attack starters and eating foods and taking the few supplements that are heart protective) ALSO prevents Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia.

It was in the news recently that people who have Alzheimer’s disease have much higher risk of heart attack and stroke than people who do not.  This is precisely because of this set of things causing both Alzheimer’s and heart disease.

But the real news is that a supplement that lowers LDL that’s a common component in foods and safe and cheap to take does more than just promote good circulation!

A week ago or so Medical News Today reported exactly that!

When I first took the Natrol cholesterol balance supplement I was taking it for the beta sitosterol for the LDL lowering and prostate help.  (It did help me lower my LDL cholesterol from 130 to about 100.)

And, I noticed that the Natrol cholesterol balance supplement also contained another sterol called, stigmasterol.  I hoped stigmasterol was helpful or at least didn't prevent the beta sitosterol from working.  (I suspect they appear together in foods.)

Wow!

The stigmasterol I've been taking all this time has ALSO been protecting me from Alzheimer's disease!

Not bad!

I surely do love it when that happens!

The researchers found that in people taking stigmasterol, far fewer beta amyloid plaques formed to begin with than in people who do not!

Taking this one inexpensive supplement in short substantially turned down one of the known causes of Alzheimer’s disease

Here's the article with the research:

Researchers demonstrate preventive effect of sterols in Alzheimer's disease
http://mnt.to/l/4hCf
"Plant sterols are present in various combinations in nuts, seeds and plant 
oils.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home