Monday, January 20, 2014

My monthly fatloss progress report....

Today's Post:  Monday, 1-20-2014

This report is better!  My food changes didn't cause any weight or fat loss.  But I lost 1/4 pound and my waist remained the same

 Now I’m at 3 and a quarter pounds over my goal weight.  And most of the 10 pounds I gained since I was 6 and a half pounds under my goal weight has been fat.  I can tell when I look in the mirror.  

So I do still  need to add muscle and reduce fat enough to remove 12 to 20 pounds of fat.

The best news is on the added muscle side.  But my recent food changes worked enough I gained no more weight.

More progress on the added muscle side is beginning to happen!  And, I have a plan to make more progress on the eating to lose fat side.

(I'll cover my food upgrade plan after my good news on exercise.)

1.  My exercise program  is finally getting better!  I used the wrist weights to begin to force progress at home on my dumbbell exercises and it is working  so far.  I've been able to work enough harder to make my muscles feel better exercised.  

(Now I can jump from one dumbbell weight to 2 pounds more and once I've mastered that, I can then go to 5 pounds heavier and then add the 3 pound wrist weight etc.  I found the 5 pound jump was too big to be able to use to force progress. 

And, I've made enough progress on the chest press machine at my once a week The Perfect workout to do 9 superslow pushups at home up from 6 or 7.

My at home calf raises on one let at a time with 35 pounds have gradually gone from just barely 5 to close to 8 full reps on each leg.

(I can go to 9 and then back to nine with the 2 lb wrist weight

So, the likely results I’m headed for are more promising!  

After being stuck at 25 pound weights on my key dumbbell exercises for years, I'm now at 32 pounds on arms and about to go to 37 pounds on calves.   Once I get to 52 pounds for arms and 62 pounds for calves and get that much stronger at my machine exercises at The Perfect Workout, I'll add at least 5 pounds of muscle.  And, I've read that will reduce my fat by 15 pounds.  That would begin to do it as I'd lose 10 pounds on the scale.  And, my waist will be at least an inch or two smaller.
Even adding 1 & a half pounds of muscle will lose 4 & a half pounds of fat and 3 pounds on the scale.  That will cut my waist by half  an inch to an inch I think.

In addition, my shoulder exercises have worked well enough that my left shoulder is beginning to heal and my right shoulder is beginning to heal too.  Plus, I'm now finally beginning to make progress on my jump rope without making my shoulders worse.

I've still not had time to add the yoga sessions I'd hoped.  But I did at least make a starting effort.  

2.  My food results and upgrade plan:

b)  Last month I followed Dr Perlmutter's advice and cut out  90 % of one fructose source and half of another.   I was mildly disappointed because I lost no weight.  But I did add a few grams a week of plant  protein and ate well volume wise AND I did 
NOT gain weight.

My next effort will be to replace one of my oatmeal breakfast's a week with Wakame seaweed and shrimp and for 3 weeks a month AND do it the whole week one week a month.  The idea is to eat less milk and the low glycemic grain without cutting protein or fiber too much.  

My hope is that this will remove the 3 pounds I am over my goal weight without losing any muscle or muscle gain.

That one will have to wait for a bit on upgrading my income as it will cost a good bit more a month than what I'm eating now does.

But, this week, I will price each of  the shrimp and the Wakame to see exactly how much.

The combination I think will finally begin to do the job!   

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home