Monday, April 18, 2011

My monthly fatloss progress report....

Today's Post: Monday, 4-18-2011


Since last month, I gained a half a pound but did NOT gain any at all on my waist.

Since I reached my goal weight in December—4 months ago--though, I’ve gained 3 pounds and a quarter inch on my waist.

So, I need to lose 3 pounds total for starters now.

Also, according to pictures I’ve seen, I’m now at about 18 to 20 % bodyfat. To remove my abdominal fat, according to those same pictures, I also need to add enough muscle to stay at or just slightly below my goal weight AND lose about 10% of my current bodyweight as fat.

Roughly, I need to lose 19 pounds of fat and gain 16 pounds of muscle to be at 8 to 10% fat and lose the inches off my waist.

The bad news last month was that I was under extra stress and averaged about a drink a week of wine too much which accounts for about half the extra pound a half. I also likely ate a bit too much almond butter for the same reason to explain the second reason and which likely added more than a pound a half since I was able to add more protein food and eat pumpkin puree instead of applesauce without sugar. I also successfully have traded drinking hot, spicy low sodium V8 for some of the fruit juice I’ve been drinking.

I also am almost back from my left arm injury and am close to adding some muscle and may have done so in the past month since I’ve been able to resume doing my kettlebell exercises. (My arm doesn’t feel any pain despite not yet feeling normal but despite my beginning to do as much or more exercise and weight with it also. If that keeps up and the healing continues, I may be OK.)

The things I’ve done right recently explain why I only gained a half a pound and no inches on my waist despite the extra drink a week and extra almond butter.

My plan is to work to add a pound or two of muscle and lose a pound or so from eating more pumpkin puree and less almond butter between now and next month.

I also plan to add some work to add more muscle on my legs as a new addition.

Wish me luck!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home