Friday, June 02, 2006

Welcome to our health & self help blog.

In it we post health commentary & reviews of books, eBooks, & other things that improve or protect your health or which enable you to live longer, to be more prosperous, & to be more effective.

Today’s post: Friday, 6-2-2006

Superfoods & Honor Roll Foods, part 34

For some kinds of more information on the Superfoods I’ve listed & some additional ideas on similar foods to try,

1. Look at this website:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=faq&dbid=4 The World’s Healthiest Foods page for whfoods.org by the George Mateljan Foundation.

In my blog so far, I’ve hit some of the highlights of why I’ve listed each food.

Their list has some foods I’ve not listed -- & almost all of them I have listed.

But of more importance, they have a detailed nutritional profile on each food & also list their own health benefits summary for each one.

This is a great resource.

2. Check out the book, SuperFoods Rx: Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life
-- by Steven G. Pratt

I mostly agree on 13 of the foods; but have very different & far less positive information on Soy as a Superfood. (I’ll post more on that soon.)

Meanwhile the rest of the book is excellent.

And, even better, he lists a large number of similar foods. For example in his chapter on Blueberries, he also lists Blackberries & Strawberries at the beginning of that chapter.

So for more detailed information on the consensus Superfoods & more similar foods to try than I’ve listed, his book is also a great resource.

So, between my list & these two others, there are about 100 Superfoods.

So, if anyone ever asks you after hearing what they shouldn’t eat, “Now, what am I going to eat?”

Send them here & to those two places.

Next time, I’ll post a summary of the foods I’ve included by category.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home