Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Reverse slumping posture….Today's post:  Tuesday, 1-2-2018 

There is a likely double breakthrough in doing this!

1.  First, because it happened to me and I know some of the causes, here’s the background:

*Years ago most people walked almost everwhere and did things like dancing & bowling and played sports themselves for recreation.

(Those things cause your body to build new bone all the time and create bones that are both strong & flexible.)

They drank no soft drinks or just a tiny bit sometimes.  And they spent far less time sitting.

They ate no high fructose corn syrup and less real sugar. (All soft drinks and those things deplete magnesium which is essential to make and maintain bone strength.)

Except for people who read books a lot or the few people such as bookkeepers and accountants who had desk jobs where they looked down at their work for hours, very few people did other than stand straight as they got older.

As a result, except for people in those professions and some literary and scientific people, very few people had a humped or “shell back” as they got older.

*Now, most of us read or look at computers or smart phones or work hours a day sitting down. 

So, it was no surprise to me when I saw most of the young men in the military bands I saw on the Fourth of July had forward heads and the beginning of a “shell back.”

I discovered this had happened to me when I overheard someone at a social event saying he thought I was an accountant.  It turns out that he’d seen I was unusually shell backed for someone my age.

*I further discovered that when I was tired or temporarily depressed or just relaxed and reading I had a pronounced slouch, forward head, and shell backed appearance.

I then discovered that by making an effort to stand tall with my head & shoulders held back, I could minimize this look.

But -- if I wasn’t making a focused and conscious effort, that didn’t happen the rest of the time.

Worse, when I was standing tall etc with my back against the wall, my head was still a few inches off the wall behind me.  It seems that my back curvature had frozen into place & was no longer flexible enough to allow me to truly stand straight.

Then I saw an ad for a Chiropractor who had been able to fix this in some of his clients.  So I tried going to one I knew to be well informed and health oriented.

Their basic “adjustment” is a little strange but safe and it does temporarily loosen the spine so you CAN stand straight.  It’s extremely expensive to go 3 or 4 times a week for six to nine months both in time and in money.  I could only afford twice a month or every other week one time that week.

He said that I could make that up to a surprising degree by doing an exercise at home.

This was NOT really at all doable using the exercise he recommended.  It involved lying on my back on a firm surface and allowing gravity to hold my head all the way back for up to 45 minutes a time at least four times a week.   I did try it.

It was totally horrible.  It was boring & prevented me from doing things I needed or wanted to do in the evening.  My nose ran and being upside down, I had to sit up to clear that and breathe; and it was also extremely unpleasant to do even when that wasn’t happening.

*Then it occurred to me that I could sit at my desk on a chair with a backboard and a weight with a pulley where the weight was heavy enough to hold my shoulders back with a way to get into and out of this to go home or see someone or visit the bathroom.

*Then I found out that if I worked at home and did this right after a session on the BulletProof Vibe and practiced standing tall on it, the combination might work extremely well.

That has NOT been doable for me either.  Nor would it be doable for most people

But since it would allow me to breathe and work or read & socialize and likely effective too, it had potential!

2.  Here’s the breakthrough!

Suppose there might be a way that cost less than $50 that was so light & portable you could wear it dancing or go shopping or drive to work in it.

I’ve not tried it myself but it looks like someone who has acclimated to using it could do those things.

AND, it sounds like you could wear it often enough to get a permanent fix or one you only needed to redo a few times a year.

For faster results, you might even be able to stand on a BulletProof Vibe for half an hour three or four times a week while using it and have it be totally effective.

It’s a new product but one I hope continues to be made and available.  If it is at all well made, it sounds like a near perfect solution to a vexing problem.

I found this on Facebook last Friday, 12-29-2017.

http://deals.betterdaystore.com/neck-traction-device-daren

The BestRelief Cervical Neck Traction Device

A back board & forehead brace & pulley and weight set up properly can do this.  But you can't wear it and move about.

THIS device may do the job and you can move about with no trouble!

As you can see in this video, as you gradually inflate it, it gently stretches and straitens your cervical spine.

They claim that this has relieved pressure on severely compressed discs that have caused pain that nothing could turn off.

Of course, that would be great for the people with that problem for whom it worked.

But the number of people with the forward head and shellback trouble is likely over a hundred times larger!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you once again for that amazing web page you have produced here.
It's full of ideas for those who are truly interested in this
kind of subject, specifically this very post. Your all so sweet as well as thoughtful of others in addition to
the fact that reading your website posts is a superb delight with me.
And thats a generous gift! Jeff and I usually have excitement making use of your guidelines in what we should do in a few days.
Our list is a kilometer long which means your tips are
going to be put to very good use.

5:40 PM  
Blogger David said...

Have been seeing this on Facebook recently. And it might do very well once you use the neck device to maintain your results!

"This product is a lifesaver. I have been struggling with severe neck problems for years and knew that I needed to fix my posture, but it was impossible to do on my own. This product does exactly what it says it will. The last two days have been the first two days in years that I have had no neck pain. Love it love it love it."

Explore Lumo Lift here --> http://bit.ly/getlumolift

This is a device to remind you to stand as straight as you can that pings you if you move your head foward. Apparently people find it effective. Maybe once it trains you, you can wear it in public without it distracting you at bad times. If not, you can clearly wear it at work and home with some benefit. This is particularly true to help you maintain your back curvature fix from the neck device.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home