Monday, June 22, 2015

My monthly fatloss report....

Today's Post:  Monday, 6-22-2015

[This month’s report is a mixed review with some positive and some negative events to report. I both gained some leverage and lost some. That status seems like AND IS where I’ve been stuck for some time!

My hope of course, is that I’ll gradually make progress by relentlessly continuing the things that have lost and kept off the fat I no longer have;

Having the things I’ve added get traction and gradually help lose some more fat;--

AND find things with more leverage that work well when I try them -- and then keep doing them also!]


Note:  Be sure to read the last section even if you skip the first ones. There is significant good news in fat loss for everyone, not just me, listed there!


(This month’s report:

Is a much shorter one than usual as the computer just ate my first draft. Worse, it did so on a day I had half the normal time to write it!

ARGGHH! 

So, here’s the key news.  The rest will have to wait until next month.)

1.  Last month, I gained about 2.5 pounds re-gaining the half pound I lost the month before and two pounds more.

Because my measurements remained the same, I might well have gained some muscle. 

But if I did add muscle instead of just adding water weight, it did NOT create the fat loss to go with it that is one of my top 3 goals for doing strength training.

2.  The foods and supplements that I had hoped would help since last month apparently did not. This was true for BOTH my weight and blood pressure.

3.  I did visit the doctor last week; and the last two weeks before that I cut back my excess wine consumption that may have added fat or kept me from losing it in the weeks before that. 

She said to cut my wine consumption a bit more; and so far that’s working.  That will help eventually I think.  Even a pound or two less fat that stays off will help!  Now that I will be reporting to a doctor who wants me to drink even less, the periodic increases I have been prone will very likely stop.

Even better, I may have some water weight to lose and a diuretic I may add in working with her on my blood pressure may remove a pound or two on the scale.  (I still am short muscle and have too much fat, but it will still be nice and improve my mood and power to weight ratio if that happens.)

(When my blood pressure was in the 145 over 80 to 155 over 85 range, I think I likely did the right thing to do other protective things and not take the blood pressure drugs.  But some recent stress drove it up well above 160 over 100 long enough that it may have caused some mild heart and kidney distress. 

And, I long ago read that once your blood pressure goes above 160 over 100 and stays there, the studies show that it IS protective to take drugs to bring it down and dangerous to not do so.

So when I went to the doctor last time, five days ago, expecting my blood pressure to be what it had been, 155 over 85 and it was over 160 over 100 instead, I consented to try a blood pressure drug or two.

So far, the low dose of the first one has low enough side effects I can stay on it as long as I need to.

I’ll likely need to double the dose of that one, an ace inhibitor, and add a diuretic.  It remains to be seen if I’ll find that doable or not.

The good news is triple though. 

*Based on my experience so far, doubling the dose of the first one may well be OK. 

*And, unless the side effects of the diuretic are too nasty, since taking it may turn off the ankle swelling I developed AND lose a couple pounds of excess water too, that may even be a positive.

*Last but far from least, my blood pressure is likely to go down because I’ve successfully switched away from the proton pump inhibitor I was taking to an H2 blocker for my reflux. 

Stanford just did a study proving proton pump inhibitors prevent normal nitric oxide release that relaxes your blood vessels and this directly causes high blood pressure from this effect.

So, stopping the proton pump inhibitor will cut my blood pressure for sure over the next few weeks.  What I don’t yet know is whether it will be by 5 points or 20.  It depends on how reversible this damage turns out to be and what percentage of my high blood pressure it was causing. 

The least likely effect between the three looks to be 15 points down on my systolic blood preessure, about 5 each for the three new things to 45 points down if they all cut 15 on the average.  15 down or, 145 over 90 isn’t that bad with the other protective things I do.  And my doctors would be delighted with about 115 over 70 which might be the result if my systolic pressure falls by 45. 

It all depends on what the side effects turn out to be and how effective the ones I keep doing turn out to be.

4.  The GOOD news is that my ability to lose at least 10 to 20 pounds of belly fat may be on its way to me now! 

A significant amount of this fat loss may well show up for me this year. And, even more next year!

In fact, part of it may show up by my September report or even a bit by my August report.

Here’s why:

a) I already knew and had posted on how, sometime in the future, by getting a girdle and two cold packs – one on my belly and one on my lower back, I might lose an inch or two from my waist.

But that kind of project takes a lot of work and some funding; and I just have had too much on my plate for that low an expected return -- and one not tested to work for sure in advance.

NOW I just found out that someone else has pioneered just exactly such a device; but with several significant and dramatic upsides.

Best of all, some of a recent commission check was available AND sometime in later July or early August , I’ll have one to use!

His group has created what I envisioned AND built that and a similar wearable cold pack for your upper back and upper chest.

They have tested this two part combo and have shown that wearing it for two or three hours several days or evenings a week, burns calories and removes fat with ZERO changes in what you eat or the exercise you do.

In fact, this effect is so robust you may be able to eat MORE and still lose fat.

This apparently turns on your brown fat and removes some fat by that metabolic increase even when you aren’t wearing it. 

But the big effect is the direct burning of calories to stay warm while you are wearing it.

This is doable because you can wear a hat and gloves to minimize how cold you feel: AND you can read or work on your computer while you are wearing it!

It’s even possible that wearing the cold packs after a hard workout earlier in the day may enable you to recover better and make faster progress at building muscle.

Some people who had 25 or 30 pounds of fat to lose lost it in two months. One even lost it in one month.

I doubt seriously if I’ll be able to wear the packs enough to do that each week. 

But it does sound very much as if I’ll be able, FINALLY, to lose five pounds of fat each month for a few months in a row.

That may well be the best potential news that has ever been in my fatloss reports or in my blog at all for that matter.

*That’s because I may become quite well do to do personally by selling a fat loss set of products guaranteed to work – because they always do.

*And, it may give doctors a safe way AND totally effective way to help obese patients lose their excess fat.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home