Monday, December 20, 2010

My personal, monthly, progress report on my fatloss....

Today's Post: Monday, 12-20-2010


Last month, I reported that I lost 2 pounds where I’d gained one and a half pounds the month before that

1. The past month I again gained 3 pounds of weight and added back the quarter inch on my waist again.

2. Thanksgiving and two restaurant, holiday dinners where I drank a bit extra and ate a bit extra despite doing a decent job of eating health OK and relatively non-fattening choices otherwise definitely caused the re-gain.

The good news is that by maintaining my other fatloss food efforts and exercise is that it was NOT worse than that. Also note that I’m now at my original goal weight for this month since I was down to 3 pounds under that the previous month.

3. My left arm injury that has prevented my progress in increasing my calories burned each week and pounds of muscle added got slightly better last month.

And, I may have found an inexpensive way to speed its healing. (There are 3 other ways to speed such healing; but taking anabolic steroids is NOT a good method to use generally & I can’t yet afford either of the other two.

But, it still feels like something is loose now that wasn’t before, so this may be more than a simple case of bad muscle or tendon strain that will heal eventually.

(I want to be sure I’ve not injured my left arm in a way that needs surgical correction before I assume that it will just get better if I wait long enough.)

My plan to see one of the sports medicine doctors in our local area to check this is not doable.

One very well known local medical group advertised having a sports medicine group. But, when I called them, they turned out to have no such thing available to anyone not in one of their local sports teams. Talk about false advertising!

The local medical group that does have sports medicine wanted three times what I can afford just to do a first appointment. That won’t work!

The good news is that a local and experienced physical therapist who may well know some good information on evaluating and rehabbing my arm is just affordable. So I plan to try that.

4. I know that simply continuing my other fat loss methods will re-lose the 3 pounds if I simply continue them as I plan to do. It may take two months. But I’ve found they do work reliably when I follow them as I have been but don’t add extra food and alcoholic drinks as often.

For sure doing that will stop further weight gain once the holidays are done.

Also, earlier today, I did find a possible new strategy to add that is said to help lose belly fat. It’s inexpensive enough I can do it for a month or two to see if it actually helps. That one I’ll judge by my waist measurement and my weight loss to some degree. If I lose just a bit on both, it may not be effective since that’s what I think I’d do without it. But if I lose what looks to be an extra half inch off my waist, that will be very good news indeed & I’ll clearly continue it.

5. The bad news is that my plan to lose fat by adding muscle is still a bit stalled by my left arm injury and my priority goal for 2011 is financial. So, between the two things I may not be able to try quite as many things in 2011 as I’d prefer.

The good news is that if my financial goal works, I may be able to do a great deal more in 2012 on my fat loss plan.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home