Thursday, October 14, 2010

21 effective fat loss tips, part 2....

Today's Post: Thursday, 10-14-2010


An email mentioned that there is a Weight Loss Tips Magazine. I look forward to seeing a copy and how to help my readers get it. With that name, there should be worthwhile articles in every issue.

When I went online looking for it. I didn’t find it, at least not on the first page,

But I did find several lists of tips that have been tested to work.

I decided to do a post with 21 of them.

These came from people who lost over 10 % of their bodyweight and kept it off, from people who were once very fat who lost over half their bodyweight, from my own successful experience, and from information I’ve read by successful fat loss and weight loss coaches.

Last time on Tuesday, 10-12-2010, I listed 14 tips and ran out of time. So I decided to do the rest of the tips today.

But I found I have more than 21 good tips since I have more than 7 still to go.

In fact, I have 12 more left. So there will be 26 total!

15. Always eat a health supporting, health OK breakfast.

In one group of people who lost fat and weight and kept it off at least 5 years which means likely they kept it off permanently, always eating breakfast was on strategy most of them had in common.

Another study found that people who always ate breakfast both ate MORE calories AND were LESS fat than people who never ate breakfast. It’s almost as if the breakfast calories and their ability to turn off your hunger are a free pass that still enables you to lose fat!

Yet another study found that people who always ate breakfast had better health than people who did not. People who ate health OK breakfasts had the best health. But even people who ate breakfasts with less healthy choices were still in better health than people who never ate breakfast at all.

Also, there are several groups of people who will find always eating breakfast even more helpful.

It’s helpful for men to do. But one study found that it was almost a make or break, critical strategy for women. Women who never ate breakfast had much more problems succeeding at fat loss and weight loss than people who did not.

Some people find they are extremely hungry when they get home at the end of the day and have real trouble holding down how much they eat. Doctors found that these people were setting this up for themselves by never eating breakfast. And, if the people they were helping lose weight, began eating breakfast every day even if at first they weren’t hungry for it and their breakfast was small, they got back their ability to control how much they ate in the evening and their weight loss re-started.

Unfortunately, many work places don’t yet realize that providing their staff with fattening sweet treats most mornings makes their staff fat and boost the medical care costs they will pay out later. If you work in a place like that and never eat breakfast, guess what? Too often to get good fat loss and weight loss results, you’ll be so hungry at that time of the morning you’ll wind up eating more of these fattening treats than you can and still lose the fat you want to get rid of.

(I also find that when such treats come in a box with a label, close to nothing in them is safe for my health to eat. Refined grain, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats and hydrogenated oils, high omega 6 oils are what most of these things are made out of. So, since I know that and don’t want to harm myself AND I’ve eaten a good breakfast and am NOT starving hungry, I find it easy to pass on the fattening treat foods.)

16. Having a fat loss buddy where you each are really into it and can support each other has really helped some people. If your mom or your daughter or your husband or wife does it with you, it can help you both succeed. It has done exactly that for many of the people who lost the most in fact.

17. Throw out and do not restock harmful or fattening or trigger foods.

If someone else in your home insists on having them, at least only stock the amount they eat themselves, tempt them with good tasting better foods to see if there are any they like, and eat right yourself anyway. Many successful people use my method of knowing what these things are made of and how harmful they are to do this.

But, if it’s just you, be SURE to do this one. Since these foods aren’t that great for other people to eat healthwise, Jillian Michaels suggests dumping them right into the trash. But if you can’t or don’t want to do that, at least give them to a place that feeds people who otherwise would have nothing to eat.

If what you have easy access to at home is only the foods and drinks that will help you lose fat, it becomes MUCH easier to do. And, you start buying only the good stuff by habit which makes keeping off the fat you lose easier.

18. Know what your most important to you reasons are to lose the fat. And, when you review those reasons, congratulate yourself for the things you are doing to do it or decide what things to try next and try them! My two biggest reasons are to protect my health and to look the way I WANT to look. You may have reasons more important to you. Know what they are and take action!

19. This next one is one of the two ways to double your chances of success at fatloss!

How’s that for a tip?!

Weigh and measure yourself regularly and write down the results and keep doing it!

I find it works best for me to do this once a month, I do it just before breakfast on a weekend day so I don’t have to rush and have time for it. I measure my chest, waist, and hips, and weigh myself just before breakfast. Then I weigh myself just after breakfast. And, I write each one down in my log book. I also add the before breakfast weight to the after breakfast weight and divide by two to get the weight that I think comes closest to what I likely usually or really weigh and consider that my real weight.

Some people find they do better weighing themselves once a week.

But even more important than how often you do it is that you do it every time, write down and save the results every time, and keep doing it.

The people who do have double the success rate of people who don’t.

20. Think of your fat loss strategies as a permanent lifestyle upgrade. Do NOT think of it as, or call it, a “diet” or a temporary deprivation strategy. This helps ensure you don’t overdo cutting back how much you eat until your body halts you in your tracks by deciding you are in a famine and destroying your ability to continue. Even more important, it helps you to keep off the fat you lose and keep the benefits of it – permanently!

21. Similarly, commit yourself to permanent lifestyle upgrades in eating right and exercising.

(In addition to losing the fat you want to lose, you’ll get massive health protection; and many of you will find you can stop taking medicines for chronic conditions you no longer have!)

22. Limit drinks with calories even those OK for your health to drink.

Limit your intake of real fruit juice to one a day. (Because of their fiber content and low glycemic rating, this is NOT true of real vegetable juice. In fact adding one or two a day can help you lose fat!)

Limit your alcoholic drinks. This both gets the best health results and prevents you from feeding excess fat with excess alcohol. I’ve found I am less fat and weigh less when I do just this. If you are a man, limit your number of drinks to 2 or less almost every day and make sure to drink 10 or less most weeks and to average 10 or less. If you are a woman, limit your number of drinks to 2 or less almost every day and make sure to drink 6 or less most weeks and to average 6 or less. (I’ve found this only happens for me when I keep a log and write down what I drink each day and have a target amount most days for what I will allow myself to drink.)

23. When presented with a treat food that’s fattening, particularly those you run into often, make an every time habit of thinking about the consequences of eating it and how much if you decide to have some, BEFORE you decide.

Ask yourself questions like,

Is this made with ingredients that will harm my health? All too often it won’t be. I find this one personally VERY helpful.

Will eating this help me achieve my fat loss goal? Of course the answer to that is usually not.

Is this one of my all time favorite foods or just a junky treat I can do without?

(This one also has helped me a lot! Saving my treat times for those I really like helps me to pass on 90% of the treats I could eat. Why waste my limited indulgences on stuff I don’t like that much to begin with?)

If I eat this, will it be the first time this month or the fifth time this week?

If it’s the first or maybe the second time this month, it may be OK. If not, mentally yell STOP! & do NOT eat it.

This one is critical no matter what.

One of the fat loss experts with the best ever track record of getting results for his clients, Tom Venuto, actually says you can eat your favorite treat foods as long as you keep the frequency down low enough that your total calories you eat and drink each month are under the control limits you set.

It can be quite liberating a few times a year to do this in fact. The key is doing it only a few times a year instead of a few times a day!

This tip is almost as good or even better for some people as getting hypnosis treatment. If you know what foods benefit your health and which ones harm it and always use this tip, you can succeed as well as someone who got effective hypnotic treatment. This has actually been verified both by a recent study and by fat loss expert Tom Venuto in his work with his clients.

24. Find a nonfattening or even better and nonfood way to do things like celebrate, make yourself feel better or reward yourself, and to relieve stress.

In fact, find about seven such things that work for you. Then when tempted to use food for such things, almost always use the nonfood ones.

25. Develop a list of foods and recipes and keep learning more of foods and drinks you really like and even consider treat foods that actually are good for you or don’t fatten you.

A small piece of dark chocolate or a larger piece less often if you eat it when you are NOT eating dairy foods or drinking milk, actually increases your blood flow and helps you to keep your blood pressure down and is protective for your heart and health in other ways. Drinking unsweetened cocoa with LOTS of cocoa doesn’t have many calories at all and has these same effects.

Raw, plain walnuts, pecans, and almonds that have neither been salted or covered in oil are actually a superfood if you aren’t allergic to them. And they are so filling that you tend to eat enough less of other things they tend not to be fattening either.

Any kind of berry you like works really well. Strawberries and raspberries taste really good. Some people like blackberries. Organic wild blueberries are a superfood but are a little on the astringent side. Try any of these with 2% fat lowfat yogurt for a different treat. I find adding that or 1 % lowfat milk to blueberries makes them a treat food.

I’ve also found that applesauce made with no sugar plus 2% fat lowfat yogurt plus lots of cinnamon makes a nice cold treat when the applesauce has also been in the refrigerator. I just mix them well and enjoy.

Develop your own list and this will also help you avoid fattening treats.

26. Read articles on fat loss, weight loss, good for you and protective foods, and articles on the many ways exercise benefits your health often.

When you do this, think about how you can use the info or feel virtuous and in the know if you are already using the information.

Of course, reading this blog is one way to do that!

(By the way, the second way to double your success rate at fat loss is to be in an ongoing fatloss support group of some kind. I’m working on an online one that I am working hard to have it be the best of its kind.)

In the meantime, reading that kind of information often and this blog often is one way to get that support.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted at this web
site is truly nice.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home