Monday, April 23, 2012

My monthly fatloss progress report....

Today's Post: Monday, 4-23-2012


Since last month, the good news is that I’m still making most of the effort to lose my excess fat and keep off what I lost.:

I still eat on my every other day fewer calories and no grain plan. I still avoid soft drinks and junky packaged foods and bad ingredients. I‘ve maintained my new cut back from 7 times each four weeks for sugar at breakfast to 3 times. And, I’m still doing my jump rope, Nordic Track, Kettlebells, and my strength training with my bodyweight and my new heavier dumbbells. I still log all my exercise sessions.

I even maintained keeping a log of my variable food intake after dinner.

The Ok news is that my waist measurement remained the same.

However, since last month I gained another pound on the scale.

.Maintaining my program including the new heavier dumbbells plus the new sugar cut back should have lost a pound or two instead or remained the same but lost some on my waist.

What happened?

I got laid off from my day job and we had to pay a bit more on income tax than we thought within 2 days of each other. The good news is that I only went two days before my new job kicked in and it’s going well too. (It may turn out to be better than my old job.)

But my record showed that I ate more in my after dinner snacks instead of less and drank 2 more drinks a week than the one more I was already drinking.

Hopefully the stress will get less and the better effort I started the last two nights on my after dinner snacks I’ll continue successfully almost every day until next month – AND after that.

The idea I had to make the lower calorie and higher protein food nonfat cottage cheese a more appetizing substitute for my excessive almond butter intake by adding some powdered paprika IS working. So that will help.

And, I’ve cut back on my alcoholic drinks before successfully. So I do have a shot at doing both.

Between focusing on that and my job doing well, I expect to do better by next month.

Meanwhile, I have a shot at better future results from a strategy I’ve ended this post with for several months. At my new job I have enough more knee room under my desk, I may be able to get one of the tiny bicycle style exercisers and begin using that a few hours a day. (They are just pedals and a support stand for about $150. Not fancy; but an extra 200 calories a day on it will trim off some fat.)

(I now need to lose 10 pounds total to return to my goal weight. And, I still need to lose at least four to 6 inches off my waist.

According to pictures I’ve seen, I’m now at about 25 % bodyfat or a bit more. To remove my abdominal fat, according to those same pictures, I also need to add enough muscle to stay at or just slightly below my goal weight AND lose about 12% to 15% of my current bodyweight as fat.

This translates into losing 21 to 29 pounds of fat while gaining 11 to 19 pounds of muscle.)

I'm finally putting the initial plan in place to add the muscle. But the fat loss part still needs some work. And so does my total calories of exercise and activity. I average 1400 calories a week now. But 3500 would be better. The good news is that there may be a 2100 calorie a week fix I can actually do. The next section repeats that from last time.

* X * X *X *

(Future improvements still planned:

Eventually I’ll also need to get a specialized minibike or other seated leg exerciser I can use while seated at my desk and another I can use while reading at home or at my home computer.

They don’t yet make those that I know of but most people today need them. Given the health harm of sitting too much and how many people do that, these minibikes or other seated exerciser for your legs and chairs that match them well are coming soon I think.

Walking burns about 300 calories an hour. (200 if you are skinny and walk slowly to over 500 if you walk really fast or walk somewhat fast but are much heavier.)

Using a seated minibike or other seated exerciser that you use much less effort on but keep moving slowly most of the time you sit can easily burn 50 calories an hour.

Then if like many people today you sit for 6 hours a day, you could easily add an extra 2100 calories a week by using a seated minibike exerciser most of the time you sit at home or at work. That would help people lose about 2 and a half pounds a month for a few months once they got into the habit of always using one.

If I’d used one of the seated minibikes since I began my current fatloss plan, I’d still need to add the extra muscle to be at my goal weight. But I’d be trying to add muscle weight to get back to my goal weight! That’s because I’d be 10 to 15 pounds less fat.)

I’ve also had an idea for awhile. Before sewing machines had electric power, they had an under the work area treadle that was designed to be effective but avoid distracting the person sewing from doing their sewing.

It may be possible to find an antique sewing machine and find a manufacturer to make a design of that treadle mechanism that would do the same for people working at a desk.

It’s proven to do the job needed in actual use!)

I’ll let you know how my additional planned changes and efforts work next month.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home