Sunday, April 18, 2010

Progress report on my fat loss plan:

Today's Post: Sunday, 4-18-2010


I lost 3 more pounds this month. So, I've lost 11 of the 14 pounds I set out to lose during all of this year in four months. This is an average of 3 pounds a month since I got most of my multistep program in place.

The past month has had a lot of adversity. Since I rarely get sick, it was a shock to be coughing so much that I had to go get a prescription narcotic cough syrup to allow me and my wife to sleep at night.

The good news is that I was able to keep doing all my food strategies. And, although I did have to cut back on my overall exercise amount and stop or do less of my most vigorous exercises for a while, I may have had help from having a bit less appetite.

So, I'm losing pouunds and presume it's fat coming from somewhere since I'm not getting weaker or smaller in my muscles. But the bad news is that this month I lost nothing on my waist measurement -- not even a fourth of an inch.

Howver, by the end of the month I did my jump rope for 3 sets: 42, 35, and 28. Since I started with one set of 14 in several parts and now go all the way through a set without a miss or only a couple, I'm doing a lot better. And, I'm still on track to get to 6 to 8 sets of 98. At that point, I hope I will have added some msucle to my legs and butt which will help take inches off my waist.

It does look like I'll likely lose MORE than the 14 pounds I set out to lose by the end of the year. (By next month, after 5 months, I'll likely have lost all 14 pounds.)

Then my goal for the rest of this year and next year will be to keep up my fat loss food plan but also add some things that will help gain MORE muscle to help my cut inches off my waist.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home